Thursday, June 18, 2026

VIDEOS.from Day 31(8): Bainbridge, GA to Perry, FL (6/16/2026)







 For those who might be new to this blog, I am a preschool teacher riding my bicycle across America and blogging for young children as I go. The purpose of this ride is to raise money for Ryves Youth Center in Terre Haute, IN

If you'd like to donate to Ryves Youth Center in Terre Haute, which is the cause for which I've dedicated this ride, you can donate here (all donations go to Ryves Youth Center; I receive nothing): Ride Across America


For information about what Ryves Youth Center is and the different services they offer, click here: Ryves Youth Center - Catholic Charities Terre Haute - Terre Haute, IN 






These two videos show the bicycle trail that goes alongside Woodville highway just south of Woodville, Florida. This was a nice bicycle trail with no cars and a lot of bird sounds! See what you can hear in them:


 

A little bit later in the day I crossed over the Aucilla river on US Highway 98 and got to see Ward Island (which I thought I saw in the first video but it’s actually the 2nd video that has it). I reminisce about my childhood and wanting to live on one of the “islands” on the Wabash River near my hometown (which were actually sandbars).


No comments:

Post a Comment